Thermal Analysis of IC Engine
Keywords:Heat transfer rate, Internal Combustion engine, Transient thermal analysis Engine design, etc.
Calculating the heat transfer rate of the engine is very difficult due to the complex geometry design of the engine and the periodic flow of air and fuel during engine operation for full cycles. Various theories hypothesize that about 25% of the energy contained in the fuel is converted into useful work and the remaining 75% is released into the environment by the engine. The main objective of the present work is to improve the heat transfer rate of existing constructions of the engine cylinder block by modifying its construction and also with new materials. To this end, two CAD models were created using CATIA software, then a transient thermal analysis with ANSYS at ambient temperature for the summer season of 45oC for the real one and the proposed internal combustion engine design was performed one after the other. Other to optimize the geometric parameters and improve the heat transfer rate. From the results of the transient thermal analysis, it was found that the proposed engine cylinder block design has better performance and heat transfer rates than the actual engine cylinder block design.
Mahendra Kumar Ahirwar, Asst Prof. Ravindra Mohan and Asst Prof. Jagdish Prasad, “I.C. Engine Cylinder Fins Transient Thermal Analysis By Using ANSYS Software” IRJET, Vol 05 Issue: 02,2018,
Ravi Gupta and Prof K.K. Jain, “Heat Transfer Analysis of Engine Cylinder Block with Different Material Alloys”, IJIRT Vol.4 Issue10, 2018.
Mulukuntla Vidya Sagar and Nalla Suresh, “Thermal Analysis of Engine Cylinder with Fins by using ANSYS Workbench”, IJERT, Vol. 6 Issue 06, June – 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17577/IJERTV6IS060283
Pulkit Sagar, Puneet Teotia, Akash Deep Sahlot and H.C Thakur, “Heat transfer analysis and optimization of engine fins of varying geometry”, Materials Today: Proceedings 4 pp. 8558–8564, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2017.07.202
Devendra J. Waghulde, Prof. V H Patil and Prof. T. A. Koli, “Effect of geometry, material and thickness of fin on engine cylinder fins”, IRJET, Vol. 04 Issue no 7 July -2017.,
Pushkar Bhanudas Patil and Dr. M. K. Chopra, “Effect of Fins Height on Two Wheeler Engine Cylinder”, IJSART- Vol. 3 Issue vo.9 2017.
Sandeep Kumar and Prof. Nitin Dubey, “Investigation and Thermal Analysis of Heat Dissipation Rate of Single Cylinder SI Engine”, IJEDR | Vol. 5, Issue no 2, 2017.
Divyank Dubey, Dinesh Singh, Abhishek yadav, Satyajeet pal and Harishchandra Thakur, “Thermal Analysis of Engine Cylinder having thick tip fin with varying slot sizes and material”, Materials Today: Proceedings 4 pp.7636–7642, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2017.07.097
Deepak Tekhre and Jagdeesh Saini, “Design Modification And Thermal Analysis of IC Engine Fin”, IRJES, Vol.6, Issue no 11, PP.11-15, 2017.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Sourabh Kumar, Mr. Rajesh Soni
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
IJOSCIENCE follows an Open Journal Access policy. Authors retain the copyright of the original work and grant the rights of publication to the publisher with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons CC BY License that allows others to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation. Authors are permitted to post their work in institutional repositories, social media or other platforms.
Under the following terms:
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.