Microstrip Patch Antenna Array Design Anaylsis for 5G Communication Applications
Keywords:Antenna, Bandwidth, Return loss, CST, Microstrip, Reso-nant.
A research on Antenna design and simulation is a emerging area among researchers. Antenna is a basic element for wireless communication. There are various shaps and types of antenna, which uses in different allpication. Now a days Microstrip patch anteena is very useful in advance electronics devices applications. This paper focused on study based various types of microstrip antenna. Return loss, VSWR, bandwidth, resonant frequency and gain is key parameters to judge antenna performance. Good value of return loss is less than -10dB. Considerable range of VSWR is 1-2. CST microwave studio is a advance software to design and simulation of all types of antenna, filter etc.
2. M. Patriotis, F. N. Ayoub, C. G. Christodoulou and S. Jaya-weera, "A K/Ka Band Frequency Reconfigurable Trans-mit/Receive Antenna Array," 2019 13th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), Krakow, Poland, 2019, pp. 1-4.
3. A. M. Yusuf, H. Wijanto and Edwar, "Dual C-X-Band E-Shaped Microstrip Antenna Array 1×8 for Synthetic Aperture Radar on UAV," 2019 IEEE International Conference on Sig-nals and Systems (ICSigSys), Bandung, Indonesia, 2019, pp. 186-189.
4. N. Yan, K. Ma and H. Zhang, "A Novel Substrate-Integrated Suspended Line Stacked-Patch Antenna Array for WLAN," in IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 66, no. 7, pp. 3491-3499, July 2018
5. V. Ingle and A. Patel, “Adaptive Channel Estimation Algorithm For Multi Input Multi Output System – A Brief Review”, SMART MOVES JOURNAL IJOSCIENCE, vol. 2, no. 1, Feb. 2016. https://doi.org/10.24113/ijoscience.v2i1.69.
6. M. Alibakhshikenari et al., "Study on isolation improvement between closely-packed patch antenna arrays based on fractal metamaterial electromagnetic bandgap structures," in IET Mi-crowaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 12, no. 14, pp. 2241-2247, 28 11 2018.
7. X. Yang, Y. Liu, Y. Xu and S. Gong, "Isolation Enhancement in Patch Antenna Array With Fractal UC-EBG Structure and Cross Slot," in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Let-ters, vol. 16, pp. 2175-2178, 2017.
8. P. R. Prajapati, G. G. K. Murthy, A. Patnaik and M. V. Kartikeyan, "Design and testing of a compact circularly polarised microstrip antenna with fractal defected ground structure for L-band applications," in IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 1179-1185, 20 8 2015..
9. S. Costanzo and F. Venneri, "Miniaturized Fractal Reflec-tarray Element Using Fixed-Size Patch," in IEEE Anten-nas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 13, pp. 1437-1440, 2014.
10. S. Pandit, A. Mohan and P. Ray, "A Low-Profile High-Gain Substrate-Integrated Waveguide-Slot Antenna With Suppressed Cross Polarization Using Metamaterial," in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 16, pp. 1614-1617, 2017.
11. S. Adhikari, S. Hemour, A. Ghiotto and K. Wu, "Mag-netically Tunable Ferrite-Loaded Half-Mode Substrate In-tegrated Waveguide," in IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 172-174, March 2015.
12. X. Zou, C. Tong, J. Bao, J. Sun and C. Li, "Dielectric loaded antipodal curvilinear tapered slot antenna based on substrate integrated waveguide," in IET Microwaves, An-tennas & Propagation, vol. 8, no. 13, pp. 1113-1119, 21 October 2014.
13. H. Oraizi and S. Hedayati, "Miniaturization of Microstrip Antennas by the Novel Application of the Giuseppe Peano Fractal Geometries," in IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 60, no. 8, pp. 3559-3567, Aug. 2012.
14. J. Eichler, P. Hazdra, M. Capek, T. Korinek and P. Hamouz, "Design of a Dual-Band Orthogonally Polarized L-Probe-Fed Fractal Patch Antenna Using Modal Meth-ods," in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Let-ters, vol. 10, pp. 1389-1392, 2011.
15. J. J. Casanova, J. A. Taylor and J. Lin, "Design of a 3-D Fractal Heatsink Antenna," in IEEE Antennas and Wire-less Propagation Letters, vol. 9, pp. 1061-1064, 2010.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Rovin Tiwari, Raghavendra Sharma, Rahul Dubey
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
IJOSCIENCE follows an Open Journal Access policy. Authors retain the copyright of the original work and grant the rights of publication to the publisher with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons CC BY License that allows others to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation. Authors are permitted to post their work in institutional repositories, social media or other platforms.
Under the following terms:
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.