Allegations of Misconduct
IJOSCIENCE is rigorously following its ethical bonds and publication regulations to maintain neutral and unswayed actions. By adopting a zero-tolerance policy on publication misconduct, we promise to protect the rights of intellectual property. Appropriate action will be taken if we find publication misconduct like plagiarism, misrepresentation of authorship, data falsification, fabrication, manipulation in the citation but not limited to these. However, we do not include honest error or differences of opinion. IJOSCIENCE tries to keep misconduct of any kind at bay and does not support unethical or unlawful deeds.
What is plagiarism?
- The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (4th Ed.) defines plagiarism as “A piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work.”
- The American Heritage Dictionary (2nd College Ed.) defines plagiarism as “to take and use as one’s own the writings or ideas of another.”
- IJOSCIENCE considers plagiarism as the re-use of someone else's research work or ideas or words without acknowledging the original author and source.
What Constitutes Plagiarism?
- Handing in someone else’s work as your own.
- Putting your name on another person’s research work.
- Copying words and ideas from somewhere else without giving the citation.
- Failing to put a quote in quotation marks.
- Giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation.
- Changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving the citation.
- IJOSCIENCE considers plagiarism as the re-use of someone else's research work or ideas or words without acknowledging the original author and source. It is important for all IJOSCIENCE authors to recognise that plagiarism in any form, at any level, is not accepted and we will consider it as a breach of educational ethics.
- IJOSCIENCE will not accept any research paper which contains plagiarized, copied, or pirated material. The research work will be rejected and returned for review.
- Plagiarism before Publication: The IJOSCIENCE will evaluate plagiarism on its own merits. If plagiarism is found even after publication, we will have all the rights to retract the manuscript.
By submitting the paper for publication at IJOSCIENCE:
All authors will certify that:
- They are fully aware that plagiarism is illegal & ethically wrong. Authors must be aware of the fact that plagiarism is the use of another person’s intellectual property, idea, work, or published work and pretending it is one’s own work.
- They declare that each contribution to their article or project has been acknowledged and sources of information from other peoples’ published or unpublished works have been cited properly.
- They certify that they are solely responsible for the text of the article and research work included in the article along with any incomplete reference.
Misrepresentation of the authorship
Misrepresentation of the authorship is the practice of adding an author name who had not made a substantial effort in the research work.
It is important to list everyone who made a substantial effort (study conception, design, data acquisition, analysis, drafting revising, approval of final version, including students or laboratory technicians) in completing the research paper, to avoid Ghost Publication.
Gift authorship or Honorary authorship is the practice of include author’s senior member, supervisor or any other person, though he or she has not actually contributed to author’s research paper. This will be considered as Gift authorship or Honorary authorship.
Data falsification is the practice of omitting or altering research materials, equipment, data, or processes in such a way that the results of the research are no longer accurately reflected in the research record.
Data fabrication is the practice of inventing or constructing data or results and claim made on research paper on such assumed or incomplete data.
Citation manipulation is an unethical practice to increase citations which are followed by some authors, journals, editors, reviewers or the related persons who are going to be benefited by this misconduct.
Complaints and appeals
The journal welcomes complaints as they provide an opportunity for improvement. We adhere to COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) and we will follow and act according to COPE guidelines on case to case basis for any complains and appeals. The following points are only intended to give a broad overview and are not exhaustive. If there is any kind of allegation of misconduct or conflict of interest arises by authors, reviewers, editors, journals, publisher etc; below process will be followed
- To make a complaint reach us at editor@IJOSCIENCE.com with clear identification of the complaint nature and source of an address. All complaints will be acknowledged within five business days by an email.
- Concern or Issue will be taken seriously and required action will be taken against the complaint.
- After receiving the response, the appropriate investigation will be initiated.
- A committee or panel will be formed and a notice will be served by email to the concerned person in 30 days. After receiving the notice, the receiver will be liable to reply back with satisfactory reasons in the next 30 business days.
- Our panel will review the case in detail. An unbiased decision or action will be taken based on the final report.
- For unpublished manuscript, we will review the allegation and make a preliminary assessment. If our panel decides that there is merit to the allegation, the manuscript will be rejected and the author will be notified about the same.
- Serious action will be taken like withdrawal, retraction or removal of the paper from publication (if published).
- Unless there is an issue like plagiarism, misrepresentation of authorship, data falsification (fabrication), manipulation in the citation, the published paper will not be retracted.
- If you have any complaint or appeal to make against the decision of the panel, please address the mail to the publisher and explain clearly the basis for that appeal and submit an appeal to email@example.com and appropriate action will be taken.