30 Level Multilevel Inverter with Two Switched Capacitor and Reduced Number of Switches
Multilevel inverters with a large number of steps can generate high quality voltage waveforms, good enough to be considered as suitable voltage source generators. An advanced multilevel inverter topology is proposed to optimize number of bidirectional switches. In this work the an five-level cascade H-bridge Inverter, which uses multicarrier based control structure and two capacitor with 10 switching MOSFETs topology is being presented. Analysis is done for RL and pure resistive load. The PWM strategy reduces the THD and this strategy enhances the fundamental output voltage. The experimental and simulated results show that total harmonic distortion of output voltage and current waveform shapes are 5.16 % and 5.77% respectively for RL load which are within the acceptable limits.
2 KarthiKeyan. V “Multilevel Inverter with Reduced Number of Switches for Solar Energy Generation” January 2017
3. KarthiKeyan. V, Janarthanan S “Yield Factor of Grid Connected Solar Photovoltaic System-A Case Study” January 2017
4. G. Vijaykrishna, O. Chandra Shekhar “A three phase 7-level and 9-level reversing voltage multilevel inverter” DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i23/70612 January 2015
5. J. Rodriguez, S. Bernet, B. Wu, J. O. Pontt, and S. Kouro, "Multilevel Voltage-Source-Converter Topologies for Industrial Medium-Voltage Drives," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics" Vo1. 54, No. 6, pp. 2930-2945, Dec. 2007.
6. Wei Zhao, Hyuntae Choi, G. Konstantinou, M. Ciobotaru and V. G. Agelidis "Cascaded H-bridge Multilevel Converter for Large-scale PV GridIntegration with Isolated DC-DC stage" PEDG, IEEE 2012.
7. Rakesh Kumar, KarthiKeyan. V “A MULTILEVEL INVERTER WITH REDUCED NUMBER OF SWITCHES” Conference: National Conference on Power Systems Power Electronics and Drives - 2013 March 2013
8. N. A. Rahim, K. Chaniago, and 1. Selvaraj "Single-Phase Seven-Level Grid Connected Inverter for Photovoltaic System", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 58, No. 6, June 2011, pp. 2435-2443